Since 21st century enterprises are more in favor of digitization and agility, it is harder to predict the actual outcomes of 2018. However, Dave West gives out five predictions that is going to influence the organizations that use agile methodologies.
- Majority of agile teams scale up in waterfall fashion even today based on predetermined company milestones, and this does not serve the basic purpose of agility. However, more focus will be on team development this year than scaling up of departments or organizations. Starting with a team that is aligned well with the customer’s needs helps to prioritize business goals and investment.
- Instead of struggling to progress individually, the combination of digitization, scrum or agile methodology, and Lean UX principles will increase efficiency in organizations to uphold value and deal with any unfamiliar environment. More focus will be on the end users than on processes and tools.
- The job of product owners is to sift through a pool of business opportunities and determine the most viable options. However, majority of them are not given the power to make important project decisions. This will change in 2018 when organizations shift their view from products-only to a customer-oriented product and project worldview. The product owners will power up their decision-making abilities by utilizing design thinking, Lean Startup, and analytics.
- Dependencies due to inclusion of diverse technologies, platforms, settings, and associates in completing a single product make it hard for a cross-functional agile team to work efficiently. The HR will play a more prominent role in retrieving skills from communities of talent or practice and scheduling the required resources to teams through proper channels.
- Majority of project management metrics are based on motion or activities of the tasks rather than the value these tasks add to the customer’s requirements. This year the focus will be significantly lean towards simpler, easily understandable metrics and teams will stress on values that clients recognize.
To view the original article, visit the following link: https://www.itproportal.com/features/2018-agile-predictions-the-year-of-the-customer/