Agile was born out of real-time project experiences of IT professionals as they suffered setbacks by following traditional waterfall method. This method gives room for quick changes to the IT developers while adjusting in a fast-changing industry.
In this article at DZone.com, Kate Wolwort states advantages of agile project management as it is way more flexible in comparison with to waterfall methodology.
Leveraging Agile Principles
The agile method Is not limited to IT, it has valuable applications in other departments of the organization too. Basically, the fundamental agile principles include teamwork, collaboration, open communication, and efficiency in performing tasks. It is beneficial to those project managers who are open to pivot easily.
Pivoting Towards Success
Big organizations adopt suitable methodologies to maintain their reputation in market and leverage them to generate business gains. Th agile method complements their already existing approach to accelerate project delivery. Here is a list of the major advantages That businesses gain by adopting agile techniques:
- It encourages self-motivated employees to design their own strategies and deliver work in their own way. It also boosts teamwork and enables them to take critical decisions on their own. This creates a healthy work environment for teams.
- Agile involves client participation in the development process. Clients help teams to gain better understanding of the product and enable them to deliver the best possible results.
- The methodology reduces unwanted paperwork, ditching the lengthy practice of seeking approval on each document from clients or senior authorities. Instead, it encourages quick and seamless process of communication.
- One of the major benefits of agile method is the ability to adapt to changes. It suffices the ultimate objective of delivering the desired products or services to clients by faster implementation of feedback.
- It allows IT developers to design a basic prototype at the initial stage of the development process and take it out in the market to gather real-time feedback from the target segments. The approach brings essential insight into futile or productive outcomes, giving room for improvement or replacement of the product.
The modern business demands quick action, execution, seamless processes, and faster results. The author suggests choosing agile project development over waterfall to initiate change and better growth processes for organizations. Click on the following link to read the original article: https://dzone.com/articles/advantages-of-agile-method