After gaining enough popularity in project management, the agile methodology turned hybrid to gain a significant track and increase the level of evolution.
In this article at Knowledgehut, Ridhi Chhabra explains that agile methodology is not limited to project management or software development. It can be applied to diverse fields. Scrum, the umbrella term of several agile approaches helps in easing complex tasks in an innovative manner.
Role of Scrum Masters
Scrum is a difficult approach to implement than understand. Hence, many organizations hire scrum masters to implement the desired framework for scrum implementation. The scrum masters hold top rank in the hierarchy of agile methodology. They coach and train the product owners and their teams to build a deeper understanding of the approach before implementing it to ease the work. In doing so, the scrum masters counter these roadblocks that are essential to tackle carefully:
- High Expectations: Many organizations muddle the role of a scrum master with a project manager. This confusion raises expectations that are difficult to surpass for the scrum masters. It is essential to understand that scrum master is a facilitator for the project managers and their teams.
- Change Resistance: Being the change managers, the scrum masters face difficulty in implementing change. Resistance to change is the most expected reaction an individual and that is a big hurdle in the way.
- Time-Boxed Meetings: In a bid to gain productive results, the scrum master needs to implement sprints that are time-boxed for 15 minutes. These daily scrum sprints should not exceed the limit of 15 minutes. However, it is challenging to explain the importance of time-boxed sprints to the teams and that is a huge challenge for the scrum masters. But the solution to this is, remove chairs from the meeting hall, tired members will wrap up the meeting fast.
- Urgent or Sudden Changes: Scrum masters follow the thumb rule of not accepting changes in the sprint. However, the practical world of business is led by clients or stakeholders who force them to take urgent change requests. The way out of this hurdle is to clearly communicate and collaborate with the stakeholders, replan and take an apt
- Distributed Teams: Geographically distributed teams may cause delays. Issues related to network, cultural or time zone difference are reasons enough for delays. Therefore, to overcome these hurdles, scrum masters need to use tools and applications that will help in maintaining seamless communication.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.knowledgehut.com/blog/agile/5-hurdles-that-scrum-masters-commonly-face