Mobile applications are vulnerable to glitches like any other technology. The app developers may face dire consequences in terms of revenue loss, unforeseen damage to the brand reputation. To keep pace with the fast maturing app market, the seamless function of your application is pivotal.
In this article at Apiumhub, Nancy Huynh explains how to build a robust mobile performance monitoring strategy. Monitoring mobile performance helps in ensuring the seamless performance of the application.
What’s the Need?
App performance monitoring is way more than keeping a watch over the application speed, traffic statistics, error rates or KPIs. It is more about finding the root causes of poor performance of the app and formulating ways to resolve these issues. The author suggests these essential steps to create a reliable mobile performance:
- Collect Data: It is essential to know how to collect data relevant to building an effective strategy. Collecting data with a strategy compatible with KPIs makes it relevant and generates the desired outcomes. The best way is to choose a platform that offers flexibility to collect all the data and has out-of-the-box capabilities to store data over time.
- Benchmark Monitoring: To make your data collection better, first normalize it. With benchmark monitoring, you can compare any two sets of data, understand the trend it follows, and enable the right measures to correct the deviation. Choose an application monitoring platform that can access virtual data centers and make data monitoring free from human intervention.
- Create Alert Mechanisms: Combine static and dynamic alerts to ensure prompt action is taken before customers are impacted. Since alert mechanisms are rooted in static and dynamic data, this ensures complete system monitoring coverage that will instantly alert you to any changes in your environment.
- Get Data Reports: A series of automated and customizable reports should be regularly generated and stored in a decentralized environment. Automated and customized reports help in keeping stakeholders well-informed and provide long-term value to the organization.
- Analyze Data: With a well-defined automated, you will stay one step ahead of the customers, offering them a better experience. Proactive data analysis provides adequate information to make informed decisions.
- Share Information: Spreading knowledge is beneficial to everyone. Often, different stakeholders demand information in different formats, a good app monitoring platform helps you extend it in their preferred format.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://apiumhub.com/tech-blog-barcelona/mobile-performance-monitoring/