The agile learning culture is an effort that team members make to acquire new skills and knowledge to accomplish a project. It empowers project teams to pursue areas of interest, try out new tools or techniques, and share their knowledge with others.
In a learning culture, teams are the troubleshooters instead of specialists or experts. In this article at People Matters, Sharon Lobo explains why organizations need to hire employees who are open to change and willing to learn to gain a competitive advantage.
Not just employees, even organizations should be open to providing relevant resources and opportunities to their employees to implement their new skills and knowledge.
Critical to Agile Success
Below are some easy ways by which you can build an agile learning culture:
- Project managers must design personalized learning programs for each team member to assess skill levels. It will help them imbibe each other’s strengths as well as overcome individual weaknesses.
- To access knowledge and information anytime, create a cloud-based knowledge base. This will help teams as well as project managers to find relevant information faster.
Driven Work Culture
Design a people-friendly work culture following the above-mentioned ideas to help employees perform better in a healthy work environment. Here is what more can be done to boost team morale.
- Encourage employees with rewards and recognition for learning new skills. Give them perks like gift vouchers or offer to attend skill development course to enhance skills relevant to the project.
- Encourage the team to gather knowledge from other teams as well. Project managers can organize group discussions, presentations, or internal project seminars within the organization to seek opinions and constructive feedback. This will help you maintain a healthy practice of taking advice from others and develop trust.
- Creating an environment for learning within the organization by making it easier for the employees to access the required information. It not just brings growth to the organization but also develops relevant skills and instills a sense of ownership and loyalty in your employees.
To read the original article, click on the following link: https://www.peoplematters.in/article/get-set-learn/how-to-create-an-agile-learning-culture-for-the-workforce-17718