Those who have already embraced agile are surviving the pandemic bravely. However, what about those who are undergoing a lot of stress? Fear of business loss, jobs, or economic slowdown is giving sleepless nights to people.
In this article at Forbes, Tracy Brower suggests that an agile mindset during the COVID-19 pandemic would save you from stress. Once successfully adapted, it can lead you through any tough situation.
A Pledge of Adherence
Agile mindset brings clarity, precision, and collaboration, primarily by transforming the bureaucratic mindset still predominant in many organizations. It enables the agile practitioners to remain adaptive to the rapidly changing world. Here are some other reasons ascertaining the benefits of the agile mindset:
- In uncertain conditions, an agile mindset brings back the urge to continue moving forward. It gives you a sense of positivity and stability to keep your focus intact for the end goal.
- Agility enables the workforce to make fast adjustments. It allows organizations to divide the workflow into small sprints and accomplish one at a time. So, in uncertain situations, agile enables you to shift the tasks in hand to pre-planned short sprints.
- The agile mindset allows the team members to become self-organized and make decisions without waiting for the senior’s permission. The efficiency to take necessary calls in tough situations ensures speed and responsiveness to customer needs.
Integrate Agile Mindset
Follow agile practices in your daily routine and work process, even if you and your team is contributing from remote locations. Here is how to do it:
- Determine a fixed period to accomplish critical tasks in hand by time-boxing them. It helps you set limits and ensure zero-time waste while executing it.
- Regularly examine the quality of work and closely monitor the output to make corrections when needed. Collect constant feedback and make improvements to deliver what is promised to the customers.
- Agile underlines the need for retrospectives and regular reviews. Instead of rushing to multiple tasks, the agile team members should stop, analyze, and learn to adjust, if necessary. These assessments are vital to adapt amid any crises.
- Agile nurtures right decision-making until the situation turns favorable. To execute it, teams should make a list of tasks to accomplish, prioritize, and complete one task at a time. The simple formula can bring clarity and patience to work impeccably.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tracybrower/2020/04/12/why-agile-is-the-mindset-to-get-us-through-the-covid-crisis-4-lessons-from-agile-for-today-and-the-new-normal/#6368b90231d3