Application security is a crucial component of application development and secure DevOps practices. The process involves assessing, finding, monitoring, and fixing an application’s overall security misconfigurations and flaws. As businesses adopt the cloud and build applications with hybrid teams, IT teams must focus on app security. In this article at Security Boulevard, John Vecchi shares noteworthy statistics that DevSecOps teams must know.
Interesting Statistics to Follow
Cloud Security Breach
Every stage of the app development process introduces new security vulnerabilities. Each phase will require a different approach or tool to resolve. In fact, studies have identified that cloud security breaches are on the rise. According to Verizon’s 2020 Data Breach Investigation report:
- Hacking ranked higher than cloud misconfiguration errors as a source of data breaches.
- 80% of organizations have acknowledged that they have experienced at least one cloud data breach in the past 18 months.
- By 2025, 99% of cloud security breaches will be the consequences of customer errors.
Experts believe that prioritizing effective security integration will address app security vulnerabilities. The report indicated that by 2024, organizations that implement robust cloud infrastructure security would reduce cloud-related incidents due to misconfiguration by 80%.
To build quality applications and avoid pitfalls, development teams must integrate security in their DevOps approach. According to studies:
- 60% of development teams have embedded DevSecOps practices in 2021. The percentage indicates a steep rise in DevSecOps adoption as opposed to 20% in 2019.
- By 2023, 70% of enterprises’ DevSecOps initiatives will incorporate automated security vulnerability and configuration scanning.
Many organizations had digital transformation on their agenda long before the COVID-19 crisis. However, the pandemic forced the majority of companies to pick up the pace. Studies revealed that:
- 80% of CEOs are making digital transformation a top priority.
- 70% of enterprises reported that their digital transformation process is taking longer than planned.
To read the original article, click on https://securityboulevard.com/2021/05/20-statistics-that-todays-devsecops-teams-should-know/.